View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 05:22 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248
Some members have asked me to keep them updated on my car's "enhancements". I figured why not just make it a post. Gives people something to look at, and generally starts some enjoyable banter.

Just got my new 18x9.5" ZO6 wheels mounted this weekend. They are wearing 275/35ZR18 Goodyear F1 GS-D3 tires. This was quite a process because even though the Corvette uses the same hubs as the TA, the wheels use shank style lug nuts, instead of the conical ones the TA's wheels use. So I had to buy all new lug nuts, but only after spending a couple hours trying to figure out why the nuts would not seat correctly. I think (hope) everything is all ironed out now.

The problem is now these wheels really accentuate the wheel gap. Didn't bother me before, but it does now. So now I really want the Hotchkis handling package. Springs would of course do the trick, but why not actually make the car handle better instead of just making it ride harder? Right? The list of "to do's" just never ends.
GREAT looking Firebird, Shadow! The wheels are super. Did you need centric rings to center the new wheels on the hub?

Causes me to want my old 1969 Bird back - again. I never should have sold it!!

Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx