View Single Post
Old 07-22-2004, 09:21 AM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
Question Anyone Familiar with the DEH-P7200

Anyone out there familiar with the Panasonic DEH-P7200 stereo or its ilk? I ask because I have a slight issue.

This fits in this forum because (a) I can't find the answer anywhere else and (b) because it's installed in my SVX... therefore it's NOT EXACTLY SVX related... but sorta.

Anyway... the question is; I recently disconnected the battery while replacing spark plugs on my baby... helps to do that while removing it. Anyway, since I reconnected it all now the display randomly "flashes". Basically it switches to a "negative" display mode where black is white, white is black and so forth. After a random time it switches back again. It's doing this constantly...

It wouldn't be so bad except that it does it when the display is in "clock" mode as well (stereo off)... since this means most of the display suddenly becomes "white" it can be extremely distracting when driving at night. When the stereo's on it's less noticeable but still irritating.

Anyone out there tell me WHY it's doing this? I can't find anything in the manuals about this particular problem and can't find any info on the Internet about it either. Help?