View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 07:33 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Smile Welcome

Hello Alex.

That's TWO people with their first post in the one thread!! That does not happen too often!

You are very welcome, and Happy New Year to you and family.

Regards the blanking cover on the switches, could you be more specific, or post a pic?

Would it be the blank cover visible in this pic of my car?

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...list/40470.JPG

I'm meeting a couple of guys next week in England breaking cars. If you can identify it exactly, I might be able to purchase and post one to you. Should not be much money involved, it would be light. Unless a local member has a spare one?

Regards the vanity mirror lights, it could be a number of things. If it is the bulbs, they are listed as 12V 2W, check if they are blown and get two new ones from a Subie dealer. It is not likely a fuse, there is no fuse listed for them.

What can give trouble are the fine wires feeding the power to the sunvisor for the lights. They can break close to the pivot, and then you need to just fix the break. From memory I'm not sure, but there could be a light gray and a light orange wire feeding into the visor. If you unscrew the visor from the pivot, you will see the wires. If one is broken or stripped, you know what to do.

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdownunder
Hi Guys,
I'm even later to this so I hope every one had a good time over the holidays....

We have just got our first svx and so I'm busy reading through all of this and very usful it is too.

We are in the South of North Island, and would love to meet up with others who are a bit more local.... sorry to those of you up in Aukland but it is a bit too far to go just for a spin....lol

The only things we have found wrong with the the car so far are the blanking cover from the right hand side of switchs is missing and the lights don't work on the vanity mirrors. Any ideas?

Happy2007 to All

Alex
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl