View Single Post
Old 12-05-2002, 09:51 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Re: Today's Drive to Work.

The tires (Yoko AVS dBs) started to slide as I slowed down (trailing throttle) and were absolutely useless when braking. They do stink in the snow. They came with the '92 SVX and have about 8/32" left on the treads. I guess I'll have to buy new tires soon.

Hey Larry, I decided not to drive to work today as the garaged ebony beast was still enjoying her two-week old car wash, & furthermore why risk the ineptitude of 10,000 maniacs piloting SUVs?

But then, around 3:00 PM another thought landed. "I bought an AWD thingy that other people actually drive in CANADA!"

Screw the SUVs - Donning parka, I fired up the bad boy & assaulted the local roads. Larry, do you remember some of the Ellicott City mountainside two-laners we played with when you & Rosie dropped in? Well, I just HAD to see if I could actually stay on top of them & not slide into the Patapsco River. As I am posting this AFTER my daring trip through ice, slush & unplowed suburban roads, you'll note that MY AVS Dbs actually kept the car out of the river, & the ABS got a workout like never before.

In a word, Larry & everyone else....This car is COMPETENT!
I can't think of a better description. I would have no fear in taking it ALMOST anywhere in the snow.
So now that I know I'd have to really go out of my way to get stuck, back it goes in the Bat Cave to drip dry. It's filthy!
But, it's like complaining that you stink of sweat after finishing
a 26 mile marathon.

This is a great car!

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.

Last edited by Ron Mummert; 12-05-2002 at 09:54 PM.