View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Re: Cheated death this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I went to Vermont this weekend to my friend's lakehouse for snowboarding. On one of the off days, we were walking on the frozen lake that had reported 9-12" thickness for ice. Trucks and RV's were driving on it along with people ice fishing.

I went with a group of friends out to explore some areas for potential ice fishing. But I was the unfortunate one to step on a thin spot and fell right through. Luckily I was wearing my snowboarding clothing that consisted of my waterproof jacket and pants, so that created an airpocket to keep me afloat long enough to get myself out. It also did not absorb the water like a sponge, so i did not get weighed down to the point where it would be too difficult to climb out.

Those of you who do icefishing or walking on frozen bodies of water, definitely don't go alone.
Glad your alright man! Ice fishing sounds fun but if anyone ask me to go I might have to pass.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles