View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 05:01 AM
Sixpack Subaru

(Hence the capitals!!).
I remember ordering the Service manuals for the SVX, (before we even recieved authority to sell them!!). It was 1991 and they were around $465.00 EACH on average through the whole series.
The 'best' part of the australian books is that like I said before...If you are hunting faults in any other subsequent model, you are in trouble without the supplements, (unless you buy model year specific books, which I'm sure many people here are willing to do as they wish only to service/repair their own specific models etc).
I may ring a contact and see what they arte worth IF enough people hassle me!!( One of the 'good' things about Inchcape taking over the Metro Vic dealers is that they don't care about long term and they will sell ANYTHING, (even the SELECT MONITOR!! ), to anyone with the money to buy it!!)
so this means that workshops who aren't dealers can buy the info, get familliar and 'up to date', and steal all the dealers' work!!
The long term effort of car makers is to lock out the little guy for not just repairs/mods but also servicing. The new model vehicles here don;t even have a service reset procedure with out connecting it to the Select Monitor!!
So you can;t even take it ANYWHERE else.......this is the way of the future
Cheers--Phew!!
Sixpack