View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 07:45 PM
5 speeds rock! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Hummm, Last season -- all day SCCA driving school with more than 20 runs around a SCCA-instructor designed autoX course -- snapped the driver's side front sway bar bracket (using the Mychailo-supplied monster front bar) and broke the bushing off of Mychailo's prototype 19mm rear bar....

This season -- larger tires and Konis on all four corners -- three events into the season and I've ripped the front sway bar bracket off of the passenger's side front strut housing (think this was partially due to the bracket not having been welded all the way around when Showa manufactured the strut housing). Bracket now TIG welded back in place.
Very large rear OEM sway bar holding fast (let's say the end links are a lot stronger than the standard pieces )

Pictures for all of this in my locker....

-Bill (charter member of the SVX racing R&D team - "design it, build it, break it, fix it, race some more )
OK, OK, OK. I take it back. You guys can all fight over who treats their car the worst.

The point was the Konis can handle it.

'92 LS-L Claret: '01 RS 4:11 5-speed, Exedy organic, lightened flywheel, and Koni/ GC