View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 09:13 PM

Re: Theft! She's GONE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by intellibomb View Post
but in the Sacramento area there is a huge Russian mob, and they are notorious for stealing cars.
Funny that you should mention that. Here in Spokane we have a very large community of Russian/Ukrainian immigrants that have a bad reputation for setting up chop shops. Every now and then there is an article in the paper about another Russian chop shop bust.

I would be lying if i told you i hadn't considered this fate for my car. In fact I think it is most likely what happened to her.

Naturally, having such a large community of Russians/Ukranians here, I have many friends/acquaintances within that community. And to be honest, I have heard some disturbing stories, but never first hand accounts, just 3rd or 4th person. nonetheless, I have asked some of my friends within that community to keep an eye out.

I know, as a matter of fact, there is a link/network between the communities here in Spokane and communities in Oregon, Portland in particular. So I have been keeping an eye on all the craigslists in Oregon, Washington and Montana. It wouldn't surprise me if there is some network that stretched the entire west cost.

Changing ideas a bit here.... How hard is it to hot wire a car? is this something your normal drug addict could do?

and how about getting a key. can you, for instance go to a locksmith with a VIN number and ask for a key to be made?