View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by intellibomb View Post
what is this? i want to do this to my next car for sure....
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbieatnz View Post
Yes i like to know what that is too.
Eh, to put this as simply as possible, when you do a 5MT swap without wiring up a CPS you need to leave the NSS from the automatic trans attached and stash it somewhere. Mine is stowed behind my battery. Moving it's little lever out of the neutral position or disconnecting it altogether will not allow the car to start.
Today I just got in some fancy switches that will allow me to remove the NSS completely, so instead of using it, I can hit a secret toggle that will have the same effect, as well as allow me to toggle my reverse lights, and disable my DVD security lock at any time.

(TMI, TBH.)

For you automatic driver's you might consider a simple quick-connect for your negative battery terminal/ECU/something that you can pop on and off easily, or buy an expensive security system that notifies you when the car is being tampered with, which I also intend to do.

There are plenty of creative ways to keep a person from taking your car. The easiest/cheapest ways are to disconnect something vital yet not obvious.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 01-21-2009 at 08:14 PM.