View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 04:44 PM

Re: Theft! She's GONE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
Wow, another one? This is why I'm glad I can pop out my NSS and make the car unstartable.

what is this? i want to do this to my next car for sure....

yup, my car was stolen last week.... mine was a pearlie too

Quote:
I'm still holding out hope ill get her back in one piece, but believe me, if i have to get another car, it will be an SVX.
my sentiments exactly

Quote:
i saw some pearl fenders and doors on ebay this AM.
i checked em out... they are from NJ... far from us Left-Coasters

what i dont get... why are these thieves taking SVXi, and not cars that have a parts market? i think that in my case at least, it might have been incompetent "lackeys" doing the stealing, and once it comes down to it, only the tires and wheels are of any value to the average market, they ditched the car. that is what i am hoping will happen to my car. it is all i can hope for at this point.
but in the Sacramento area there is a huge Russian mob, and they are notorious for stealing cars. my ex-girlfriend back in the day got her civic stolen from in front of her house... but thats a civic, and they found it within a few days, completely stripped and ditched in a, well, ditch.

another incident: i was heading to the river near Auburn to go swimming, and on this lonely, twisting dirt canyon road with cliff hairpins, there were five (yes 5) ten year olds standing on the edge of a cliff, looking down, all with bruises and cuts. i stop, look down the cliff, and there was a honda accord about 500 feet down and stopped up in the brush. ... WTF
i was about to call the police, and the kids flipped out speaking Russian and ran away!
it was too much for me, so i went down to the river, and found the ranger, and told him what was going on. he didnt believe me! whatever... so i swim and have fun, ... on the way out here is "Vlade's Tow Service" from Sacramento trying to winch the car up, the towtruck blocking the road and almost slipping down the cliff.... wow. so finally they stop their futile attempts and move so cars can pass.... and finally the ranger shows up....
i didnt stick around.

my point: the russians employ their kids to do the stealing around Sacramento, and the "rackets" are run by the adults. this way, if the kids get in trouble, they get a slap on the wrist and the operation is not jeaopordized......
so my theory.... the kids steal the car, the parents tell them that they are dumb for stealing such a rare car, and in my case, they can only try to sell the tires....... wow.....

long winded post but this rash of thefts is ridiculous!

all i know: lojack, comp coverage, and the NSS mod that Nikfu talks about, plus electric tazers that shock the sh!t out of you if you touch the door handle are all going to be standard equipment on my next car.

I HOPE U GET UR BABY BACK! I FEEL FOR YA!