View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
Re: Subaru Turbo Diesel

I read another article the other day (which unfortunately i didn't save the link to) but it said in 2010 subaru was planning to expand the diesel to a 6 cylinder model that would be capable of 300 bhp. It didn't say if it was a turbo model as well or not. In fact it didn't say anything more than what i just stated, but i thought it was interesting. I've been kicking around the idea of putting the turbo 4 diesel in my SVX instead of putting a supercharger on it. If they're coming out with a 6 cylinder one, i'll wait for that

How feasible is it to swap the EG33 for a diesel? I know i'd have to replace a lot more than the enging (like the fuel tank, etc) Any thoughts anyone?

Ray
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.