Thread: Mac funny
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2003, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
Depends if you start yapping about things you don't have a clue about.

- Rob
[MOCK]Yeah dude. Like MAC cases are way better than PC cases man, cuz they got that side thing that opens. PC cases suck compared to MACs man. Even though "PC" isn't a company and there are 50 trillion manufacturers of PC ATX cases out there, making this comparison absolutely impossible. [/MOCK]

Also, see these comments made by some of Rob's buddies over at MACnn forums.
Quote:
Originally posted by DeathMan:
yeah, that sounds like Ca$h allright. nice going, Rob, at least we know we're not the only forum in which you wreak havoc and dischord.

:thumbsup:

How joyful can a forum full of Winders users be?
Quote:
Originally posted by itistoday:
lol

*This just in!*

Ca$h reaks havok over all internet forums like a plauge — screaming women and children run from this monster as authorities try to block him from their cities with special files that include his address! Yet he keeps respawning anew; creating controversy and leaving chaos in his wake! Experts suggest that his course is likely to lead him from the City of Mac Zealots to the State of PC Elitists... and then onwards to STRONGBADIA!!! We can only pray that Trogdor gets to him, before even he is Ca$hinated!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Millennium:
Ca$h has been a member here for years, so believe me, we feel your pain.

However, I do feel obliged to point out that by capitalizing "MAC" you really did manage to hit on a pet peeve of most Mac users. "Mac" is a diminutive, not an acronym; capitalizing it like that is taken in most Mac circles to signify that you are intentionally trying to make people angry. It often works, if that's your goal. Just a minor point of etiquette that you may wish to take note of in the future.

Besides which, MAC really is a kind of network address. It stands for Media Access Control, and has been a part of the Ethernet standards since the very beginning. This use of the term actually predates the Apple Macintosh.
Notice my capitalization of MAC in this thread.
Quote:
Originally posted by mitchell_pgh:
I don't think Ca$h means to be foolish, I simply think he is young. I don't know his situation, but he looks like one of those people that has everything handed to him by his parents (like I said, I don't know the guy so I'm not going to jump to conclusions)

Regarding the Mac... I think people like Ca$h actually hurt the platform.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nonsuch:
This is weird ... I feel like a neighbor has just walked over to complain that a kid in my yard was throwing dirt clumps in his pool. "Oh, that one? Oh, he's always trouble ..."
Quite hilarious, aren't they?
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
Did you watch that SVX music vid I made??? The one where phil and I were at the strip? That took me about 1.5 hours. Try that with a PC. Then burn it to DVD. And compress it to put it on the net. See how long it takes you, or how much of a hassle it is, and count how many programs you use.
Let's see. If I can count correctly, that would be 1 program.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...ravy/10435.jpg

And I'm the one who's yapping about things I know nothing about.

Last edited by DavieGravy; 07-24-2003 at 04:48 PM.