View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 07:01 PM

Building a 10,000 rpm NA engine.

We figured that bits of what I have been working on are scattered around a bunch of different threads so it would be best to put it all in to one thread to explain were this is heading.

THE GOAL
DEVELOP A EG3.3 NA ENGINE CAPABLE OF RED LINING AT 10,000 DEVELOPING MAXIUM POWER POSSIABLE FROM THIS TYPE ENGINE

Okay Harvey and I have been talking about this in the backgroud working out a plan to enable this to be acheived. Matt has also contributed by his real world experiance. The arrival of Bazza to the forum brings a wealth of knowledge that we are picking up on. Also it would be dismiss of me to not point out that our ideas are ones that you have all contributed to. This plan is not about setting the world on fire all at one time, that doesn't work. Its about taking a number of small sets that each has there own completion and the end of them. So here is the plan. We may move the order around and add things, for want of a better expression this list is the ROAD MAP to the end. We will add to a file that will detail the best way to do each stage.

1:- Cooling.

2:- Bearing Failure.

3:- Change ECU.

4:- Increased Compression.

5:- Valve Lift & Springs.

6:- Cams & Torqure curves.

7:- Intake & Exhaust Systems.

8:- Cams Again

Things like "Which Rods" & "Which Pistons" will fall into place when & if the standard ones fail. The ECU had to be up the front as the standard ECU won't run up to 10,000rpm

We will appricate everyones suggestions and contirbutions but I need to say up front as its Harvey & my project if we don't take up a suggestion some one makes its just because we need to stay focused on the direction we want to go. That doesn't mean that you imput or suggestions won't be revisited at a later stage of development

I want to quote a saying we have at work,

"There is no such thing as sucess with out failure,
Failure is the foundation of success"

Okay team so there it is. We can put more meat on the bone over the coming months. Also if the thread goes dead for a while its just I will be in my silly season at work.

Have a grat day and lets all have some fun.

Tony
1995 - SVX 700,000 K Mine, DMS Struts to lift car 2in. Tyres Wrangler Silent Armor 235/70R16, PBR Radiator. 6 speed with DCCD and R180 rer diff, Heavy duty top strut mounts front and rear. Speedo correction box fitted. New stero (gave up on the old one). Back seat removed and 2 spare tyres fitted for desert driving. ECUTune SC sitting in the box for the next SVX.
1992 - SVX 255 K Wife (Want to stay Married so not allowed to fit SC)
1992 - SVX Pearl with black roof race car roll cauge etc ready to race. Ex Tasman Targa car.
1995 - SVX Green low k mint condiation.
1995 - SVX Rally car, ex Matts car. Now to be used on track.
1992 - SVX red & Black being converted to Mid Engine.
1995 - SVX Red 143,000 bit rough.
Owned 5 others Subaru back to a 1974 1400 GSR.

Last edited by Dessertrunner; 06-09-2012 at 12:50 AM.