View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 01:01 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineman1963
Joe hia and happy new year ! Will do a search re numbers. It amazes me that when you see the car programmes such as Used Car Roadshow when Jap coupes are being discussed you never ever see a SVX mentioned ! I cannot believe how good our SVX is and the looks it gets / comments are spot on. All it takes is as you say the supply of grey imports to dry up ( there seem to be very few SVX's on Ebay etc compared to early 2005 as a benchmark, wrong as it may be) or one of the magazines to hit upon them and the secret may just leak out !!! I'm not looking to make money just to hope that ours holds it value reasonably.
Maine Rd Happy Returns!

Earl's figure throws up an interesting comparison with my post:

If you take US sales at 14,000 [and why not? it's probably correct... ], UK at 250ish, Australia at 250ish. Now add in Germany at 250ish [if you know different, please chime in with the correct figure ], possibly Rest of Europe 250ish.

All of this adds up to only 15,000 out of 25,000 total. Now, I know I left out a couple of important rhd ones like NZ and SA, but even taking world-wide sales into account at the sort of low sales we are discussing here, and it has to mean that Fuji sold possibly 8 thousand or 9 thousand SVXs in the home market.

This in turn may mean that there will be a regular supply of SVXs from the JDM market into all rhd markets for a little while yet, thus keeping prices from rising.

I could be wrong about this, but that's how the picture looks to me.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl