View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 12:03 AM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Lol, yeah, I was actually searching for a thread that had a very, very good list of common and uncommon problems in it. Still cant find it...Oh well
If you look around you can get a good mileage 4.44 for like... 6-800 bucks or so. Thats almost a direct swap in, you would just have to swap out the ring gears in the rear diff for it to work right.
A 5 speed install is a little bit more involved, because you have to fabricate up a pedal assembly, shift linkage, and transmission cross member.the parts for this swap run..I think about 1500, but I could be wrong. theres like a bajillion threads on transmissions, so you shouldnt have much problem finding the needed info for that.
Thats the real big money problem more or less. Just the tranny. theres a host of little nuances that might pop up, but the big money one is the trans. Unless you were planning on doing alot of modifications..then it gets costly, but luckily you already have your speed fix
You may want to check out the wanted/ for sale section every so often as well, to see what people have , or at the very least to see about what any ones youll be looking at are worth.
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten