View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg View Post
Jesus the stress is starting to make it not even worth it. I could just run down to the strip and we could get married for $40. Why the hell do I need to spend all this money and stress over all the details! I dont give a grap about a big wedding, or even a Batchler party. I just want to get married.

Sorry had to rant. Ever since the planning started theres been alot of tention between us. And we both know its the stress doing it.

Edit: P.S. Thank you for all the congrats.
Weddings can be really stressful if you decide to care about family attending and focus alot on the tiny details. My friend got married and she basically dropped out of school for a year because all the preparations were eating her time up. She had a fairly small wedding (<100 guests) and it was still a pain. I think she spent several thousand just for food at the reception for relatives she doesn't even know.. Plus some churchs have rigorous testing to make sure you are compatibile before they will marry you.
It's a crazy mess but I'm sure you will make it through. Hopefully you can enlist the help of your parents, friends, and close relatives to delegate tasks (like finding a reception hall, dj or musicians, etc).

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram