View Single Post
Old 12-15-2003, 10:18 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
I hate camaros. They remind me of guys with big bellys, budweiser, mullets, and people who only listen to Metallica.

- Rob

Well that sure is nice bobby, you want a cookie?

Here ya go....

http://www.esxmotorsports.com/video/supra.mov

Also-Interior looks far from race only/stripped to me.....

Supra is rear wheel drive.

but the STi would be my purchase because:

Im going to tear these apart one at a time for those who have trouble following.

-its faster We've already gone over this. It's just barely as fast.

-its cheaper WHERE?!?! The official site says it starts at $30,995...nicely equipped it runs $34,000. The camaro starts at $28,600 for the V8. The most expensive factory T/A (im using the T/A cause it's more expensive than the camaro) runs $32,500

-its more reliable 5th Generation Camaros and T/A's have gotten 5-star ratings in every aspect of reliability. So the best it can do is be AS RELIABLE.

-it handles better In the snow. My toys don't get driven in the snow.

-it goes in any weather So does the Camaro. A tiny bit faster too.

-its easier and cheaper to make it even faster Yeah...that's about the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard of. For a mere $6000 i can send my T/A to John Lingenfelter and get it back with 550hp and over 600lb/ft of torque. $18,000 gets me a 427 with almost 700hp and we've seen what that can do.

-it seats four comfortably Score one for the STI.

-no mullet required Same here (i swear if you ever met me you would think you were hallucinating...im the absolute opposite of everything you have said the T/A driver is. I'm living proof that you are wrong).

-people won't call you 'Guido' in it That's probably true...they probably wouldn't talk to you at all in fact, they'd be too busy checking out the real sports cars over in Guido's corner.

i hope they keep that ZL-1 at speed in a controlled environment because i've ridden in a friend's Z28 SS over 100mph on the highway and i was worried the thing was going to rattle itself to pieces.

Sounds just like my girlfriend's SVX and just about every other SVX i've been in. When you get to that speed, NO car is quiet. Besides, i've hit well over 100mph in my own T/A, my friend's Camaro SS, and several other previous generation f-bodies...nothing but tires roaring and the beautiful sound of the LS-1 V8 stretching it's legs.