View Single Post
Old 12-14-2003, 12:01 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Ok, number 1- Best Quarter mile for the Easy street WRX is 9.60@144.7mph, and it has somewhere around 740 HP. It also does so with a full interior.

Not according to the site. They said 9.98@141mph, and that the car has 505hp. Regardless of which time is the best time, it doesn't even come close to the ZL-1's best time. So I gues i'll stop harping on that now. The pics i saw showed anything but a full interior. Maybe our definitions of a full interior differ somewhat.

number 2.- This argument is really pointless. He is a domestic driver. He will never have any respect for imports, no matter if they are a beefed up sedan or a full out supercar. Even if there was a Sti that ran 6 seconds with a stock interior, he would still say "Its still just a sedan with a big engine."

Close, but not quite. I'm a domestic driver, i will never have MUCH respect for economy cars trying to be sports cars, no matter what they run. I have respect for the STI, i've said again and again that I think it's a very nice car. It's just not on the level of a Camaro or the like. See the point is, even if you have an STI that runs 6's with a stock interior, you still have an STI. Which is a nice car, but not worth anywhere near the $100,000 you just spent on it. Whereas with a 6 second Camaro, the fact that you still have a Camaro is not a bad thing, cause it is a SPORTS CAR to begin with, and for years people have dumped hefty sums into those cars, only to get a show stopping machine that when sold returns more than the money they spent on it. The above is a matter of opinion of course, but you have to admit there's some rationality to it.

<runs fingers through mullet>

"they don't get no respect cuz there ain't no big 'ol V8 under da hood, son! those fancy AWD cars don't make sense - cars aren't meant to go fast in the rain and snow. ain't natural. now put on some Krokus and grab a Stroh's! yee-haaaa!"

<emerges from mom's basement>

"I ain't got no money ta buy no real sports car, all i got is my mom's subaru. I know, i'mon just sell drugs so i can buy dat huge wing dey got down at da autozone an' maybe some o' dem blue headlights. Yeah then i'll have a real sports car. I learned to drive real fast on mah Playstation 2, so dey'll never catch me."

Works both ways.