View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 12:28 AM

Registered SVX
Re: ECUtune Stage II reviews

Mine is not intercooled, running @ around 5 PSI turbo charged. Around 280hp. Performance is effortless - not explosive .

AFR is around 11,5 when open loop, into which it goes rather easily. Stock cat and central muffler - low restriction rear mufflers, but very, very low sound level.

Engine otherwise all stock. JDM driveline with torque biasing diffs at both ends.

I think it is a well balanced package.

The only real glitch is a very low idle speed when the radiator fans are not running..... for example in deep snow the engine may stall if I lift the accelerator off too quickly. Also, the AFR fluctuates quite dramatically when either depressing or releasing the throttle when in closed loop. It goes way up to 15-16 for a second when depressing and way down to 10-11 when releasing. May have something to do with the (change in) recirculation of the compressor air thru the by pass valve - dumping warm air back into the compressor inlet will have an effect on the MAF signal. This is not a driveability issue, just an observation.

Funny thing I have noticed is that the transmisison temp light flickers at extremely low revs (at almost engine stall)..... the TCU loses the erev - signal, I guess

/T