View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 12:39 PM

Registered SVX
Re: back from the grave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin View Post
Hey everyone, just thought I'd pop in here and say hi. It's been probably...5-ish years since I've been on here regularly.

Yesterday I got a wild hair and decided to do some wrenching on the car. It's been sitting in my garage waiting for me to decide what to do with the radiator. But I also have a tranny cooler, a windshield, and a set of valve cover gaskets to go in; so it's kinda just sitting there in the meantime til I have some time to get it all done.

Decided it would be easiest/least amount of damage to just remove the front bumper cover and headlights/turn signals while I was working on the front, to avoid scratching and the like.

I realized that in front of the LF tire was where I wanted to do the cooler install, and it is a beast of a unit. I know I can get it in there, but I keep forgetting which line from the tranny is "hot" and which is "cold."

Also, my radiator dilemma... Going to go the route of retro-fitting an aluminum wrx radiator so I can go bigger on the core (for future plans) as well as not have to spend an arm and a leg on the Koyo or Griffin or whoever used to make a replacement, I forget. If I can get a list of things compiled and figure out how to make it easy for anyone to do, I would consider marketing an SVX radiator replacement retrofit kit. Do you guys think something like that may fly?

Also over the winter I traded my black Motegi MR118wheels and BFG tires for a set of RX-8 wheels. I am totally in love. hahah I Loved the other look too, but I like how the rx8 wheels kinda "modernize" the car, and look completely OEM since they well...are.

Anyways, just thought I'd say hi to everyone!

p.s. Those of you who are still here that are running my swaybar, how are things holding up?
Since you have been gone there are 2 aluminum radiator options that are direct fit, AMR has a 2 core option, and check on www.svxnation.com there is a all aluminum replica available, price wise they are not too bad though custom wrx is a viable solution as well if you can make the changes yourself.

Also my sway bar has been perfect, I have the teflon joints so still quiet as well