View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Progress / Issues / Review thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subix View Post
Someone else did this and I thought it was a cool idea so here goes, my thread for progress and so on with my SVX.

Couple of things I'm unsure about are:

·Wheel tilting - unless mine is borked and I"m unaware of it, it seems to go up high and then doesn't click or lock into place until it's midway down and goes down even further.... doesn't seem to be any medium or mid point between top and mid-center... I mean , it does lock in the center but it's so close to my legs at that point it's not worth bothering with. The whole tilt/steering thing hasn't even bothered me until this point but now it's only because I know about it

Clint

Do you have an owners' manual, and do you fully understand the steering wheel adjustment?

Just in case yours is not borked [], I'll explain the levers and if you already know this just bear with me.

The most obvious lever, the one on the upper left with the little flip top handle marked LIFT UP, that lever is purely to let the wheel up out of your way to make entry and exit easy.

When you pull the wheel back down, there are no click stops with this lever except the position to which the wheel is set and adjusted.

To change the tilt position of the wheel, or to telescope it you must use the other two levers.

First, the tilt mechanism: there is a second lever much lower down in the middle of the steering column, facing the floor. With this lever pulled you can set the tilt height until it suits you, then push back the lever.

Next, the telescopic adjustment: on the extreme left of the column near the dash switches is the locking lever for the telescopic movement. Press this lever down to unlock, then adjust the wheel in or out till it suits. Pull the lever back to lock it.

That's it. Now if you pull the Lift Up lever it will tilt the wheel up out of your lap, and will click back down only into your selected position, and no other.

Hope this helps.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl