View Single Post
Old 07-26-2003, 09:15 AM
SVX Black Belt Master

Thanks all, for the kind words.

Doug, I wasn't aware that Kenosha was closing immediately. I assumed they'd be on relatively the same timetable as us. That really stinks.

Actually, things have smelled rather fishy around here for some time. Deep down, we all knew we'd had it, just didn't know when. There's some whining, but I haven't seen any tears. It was a much better place to work before Snap-on became a holding company. In fact, I've been job-shopping for a couple of years, and at this time I'm No. 2 in line to be called for a state job. Unfortunately, I've been No. 2 for two years now because they haven't hired for that long. (I'm beginning to feel like no. 2. ) Rumor is that they'll be hiring soon though. I hope it's before my status runs out.

As far as buying American goes, I guess you can tell by my list of vehicles what I generally do. I think I've owned about two American-made vehicles in my life. Truth is though, I'd much rather buy a U.S. made Toyota or Subaru than a foreign made Ford or Chevrolet.

One of Snap-on's competitors (I forgot which) says it's goal is to make American-made tools as cheaply as the Chinese make their tools. To me, that says either slave labor or no labor.
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>