Thread: Top Speeds
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2001, 02:05 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Speed Limited

Quote:
Originally posted by jscorse
Hmm? Can we trust those little speedos? I understood that all post '92 SVX's where electronically limited to 136mph. Maybe I should take my trusty GPS along for a speed run someday.

I've had mine up near there but really didn't want to spend much time looking DOWN. Through I had plenty of room ahead of me, cars travalling at 70-80 sure do come up fast when your nearly double that.

The car is wonderful to drive FAST and I love it, but over 120 seems a bit extreme. I realize that is an arbitrary number but it seems the car (or I) get a little 'skittish' up there.

I DO love that shift to 4th at 100+ !! What a kick!
Jeff,

GPS receivers have a hard time working in the SVX, but I noticed one day that mine was working especially well - to an estimated accuracy of 3ft. I took the car up to about 120. At that speed, my speedo (compared to the GPS) overestimated the speed by 1-2mph.

So mine's pretty damned accurate, according to the GPS on that day. I need a decent active antenna in the trunk to get a good fix. Yes, you can imagine me in the trunk of the car, with the lid closed, checking to see if the GPS works better - because I did and it does.

BTW, I still want to find an active antenna with a long enough lead to reach from the trunk to the dash. I have tried to order one from a few different manufacturers. Out of the different results, all boil down to the same thing: no success in actually acquiring the antenna.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE