View Single Post
Old 10-02-2002, 05:20 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: seraph......

Quote:
Originally posted by CopsodyX

Well, when I get my 5 speed and lose the TCU, will I actually experience, oh, idunno...FUN starts? How soon does viscous coupling AWD work?

Subaru retarded the torque. Bastards. You know, I always knew after flooring my car at 30 and it downshifted into 1st gear and practically launched me into my back seat that the engine is way more powerful than the computer lets it be.
I've got the ACT and tried to spin all 4 on dry pavement only to suffer very severe driveline shock. The motor went down to like 400rpm. It's nearly impossible (or at least stupid) to try to spin these giant tires. However, when the roads are wet and I'm in an underdrive gear they will break loose if I hit the hammer a bit hard. I must say that the SVX is a whole different animal with the 5 speed, much quicker off the line, suspension seems a bit stiffer in the front end after loosing that extra weigh, and I have yet to experience brake fade (even when braking from 120mph+). I cant wait til winter (if I can't sell the car before then) with the 50/50 torque split and my NT 450s it's gonna be a blast.