View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 11:25 AM

VTD to manual swap

Yes Yes again another manual swap topic but i need help.. In short my situation is this: My tranny broke, tried to find a 4.44, almost did but didn't (European tranny), tried to find a new stock tranny, realized what's the point... might as well go manual.

So now I'm trying to find all the parts I'll need for this swap before actually buying anything.

I was thinking of buying this - Would it actually help me with my project or is it just a waste of money?

Also is the list of the parts I'd need to buy somewhere else (or get from a donor vehicle) correct? I have the European svx and the instructions in that link will be for the US svx so I understand they will not tell me the right wiring diagrams? Or will it help at all? And if I remember correctly, do you OAB_AU, have the wiring diagrams for the "VTD type tranny to manual" conversion?

Which manual gearbox would you recommend? 5speed or 6speed ; with DCCD or without? I understand it would need to be +04? In which models would I need to change the rear diff?

And finally here in Finland we have the emission tests and I was wondering if it will have an effect with the emissions?

Sorry for all the stupid questions but I just want to be sure before I buy anything.. I have read the other topics but can't be sure they match with the European SVX..

Thanks in advance!