View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 08:55 AM

Re: New Product: upper rear visor/spoiler

I'd like to see something like this car's high-wing spoiler on an SVX...

perhaps toned down in width and thickness just a tad, and profiled to keep a uniform distance from the rear glass, so possibly a bit more rounded when viewed from the top, and just far enough away from the glass that the upper tip of the rear wiper clears under the high wing.

Also the sides, were it wraps down, and meets the glass, should blend directly into the curvature of the upper rear quarter glass.

I would also consider mounting a wide LED CHMSL in the high wing... and then blanking it out of the trunk lid with a little bit of a duck-tail anti-drag spoiler lip grafted onto the trailing edge of the trunk lid. Nothing too much, just to create some air vortices behind the tail light panel, to lessen the negative air-pressure behind the car, and reduce drag just a bit more.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 10-13-2009 at 09:00 AM.