View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Teh Geek

Send a message via ICQ to nsm484 Send a message via AIM to nsm484 Send a message via Yahoo to nsm484
Registered SVX
Re: Overheating, First thing to do... try the HG Test.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
A bad thermostat or water pump will over heat all the time. Once he stops driving and lets it run it cools down... THis is indicative of an air bubble in the coolaning system. Air bubbles are caused by hydrocarbons entering the cooling system by seeping through the headgaskets that are broken down and mushy at this age.

I am not there to diagnose it but from what he has said thus far, the headgaskets need to be replaced

TOm
What am I looking to spend on parts? Also while I am there what else should I go ahead and do? Also.... For a first timer... Any good how-to's on pulling the engine and replacing the gaskets?

Also... Timeframe on getting the parts?
Next thurs/fri is my next 2 days off together (or wait another 2 weeks)

I just hope since this will be my first time this deep in an engine... That I won't screw her up... On the other side... It will be great learning for me

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally [Nori]

1996 LSi Polo Green [Calista] - 18" Konig Incident's - Lived for awhile Now Selling
1992 LSL Dark Teal [Yori] (Rear Ended, Donor to Calista, and now gone)
1992 LSL Ebony Mica (Sold to svxcuseme)

Last edited by nsm484; 07-03-2009 at 03:33 PM.