View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 09:49 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Colour/model breakdown.

Just as an interest to see what colours the JDM market likes, compared to Europe here, or the USA, I checked on the preponderance of different colours. This is what I found from a total of 121 individual cars pictured:

Silver..........50
Claret..........15
Black...........14
Burgundy......11
Green...........10
White...........7
Red..............6
Blue..............4
Graphite.........4

It is practically impossible to see which green cars are teal and which are polo unless you see them side by side in a photo.

I did not include Claret and Burgundy as reds. Reds as listed are bright reds. Of the reds, 5 are black and mica, one is red all over. That makes this particular red car the rarest of this Japanese bunch. They must not be as fond of red as you guys are in the US. [Red cars are pretty rare in the UK as well]

What is most noticable is the huge preponderance of silver. Of the 50 cars, 29 are the silver-all-over brighter silver of the post 94 cars. There are 16 of the early 3-tone cars, and 5 that look like silver and black.

I'm wondering if our Japanese friends are fond of silver in a coupe? Or are they conscious of the fact that Giugiaro tends to present his style models very often in silver, or silver with a black roof? Curious, isn't it?

It is also strange that there are only 7 white cars. Importing cars from Japan to Ireland, one of the problems is the large numbers of white cars they tend to have on the second hand market. White cars are deeply unliked here, they could languish in a car sales yard for months or years. Still, there are only seven at this big meeting. Strange.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl