View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 03:21 AM
Phil & Belha

I've been thinking for some time that the US government wants to invade Iran, owner of the 3rd largest oil reserves in the world. They just need to manipulate world events so that they have a plausible justification for doing it.
Like the justification for Afghanistan: "OBL might be hiding there", except it turns out that he wasn't. Or the justification for Iraq: "Saddam might have WMD", except it turns out that he didn't. Is your military intelligence really that bad?
I don't necessarily oppose the wars. I'm just sick of being lied to by polititians and their media. I wish they would be honest about the real reasons because otherwise, when the stated reason is seen to be a lie, the war appears to be unjustified and people have died for nothing.
Seriously, if they said, for example, "we need to invade ${country} because otherwise in five years time you're going to be paying $50 a gallon and our economy will be screwed", I'd be the first to say "let's go bomb the b*****ds!"
This is just my opinion and I have no intention of arging it with anybody. Just wait and see. I predict that there will be a war between USA and Iran within the next two years, probably less.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II