View Single Post
Old 02-01-2003, 12:14 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Stunned

I was getting out of the shower when Jean stuck her head in the bathroom to tell me that NASA had lost contact with Columbia. I had known that it was landing today, but it had slipped my mind.....the flights unfortunately tend to slip by anymore, although this one shouldn't have. I figured that the shuttle would probably still land OK, even if the communications were out. I turned on the TV and with the sound down, I saw the camera angle that showed the normal reentry trace....but....then the pieces began coming off. My heart fell to my feet. It looked exactly like the video of the MIR space station coming down over the Pacific. I knew it had come apart, and at that altitude and speed....there would be no survivors.

Lee ,our thoughts and prayers are with the families and the larger family at NASA. ....I thought of you very quickly. The wonderful tour you gave us just last month of the Cape....being able to stand where John Glenn went into space. I know all of you at the Cape are part of a special group, and our thoughts are with you and your co-workers at this time.

Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"

Last edited by SVXphile; 02-01-2003 at 03:26 PM.