View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 06:57 PM
My92SVX
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
christmas tree lights. Not the pretty ones!!

After doing some research... Nothing more I can think of other than asking right out.. Sorry guys..

Hey guys.. I'm at my witts end here.. About ready to call it quits and just sell the car.. I just recently started having issues with the alternator. I had it checked and indeed it was bad. I had a spare good alternator. I slapped it on. After a day of driving around, it started with the christmas lights again. Then I figured may be the battery.. I replaced the battery and I had the first alternator fixed at an alternator shop here.. I slapped on the refabed alternator and with the new battery, still getting christmas lights after 2 days.. Alternator is good. I had it checked yet again.

Could the problem be the fusable link? The alternator is definitaly charging the battery. Car starts right up with no hesitation or problem. Could it be the negative cable somewhere? . All the cables look good, no rust or broken cables that I can see in plain site.

thanks
Carlos from Dallas TX for now..
1993 Subaru SVX LSL Barcelona Anniversary #99/purchased with 82K miles *** 89K miles as of 07/2012
1992 Subaru SVX LSL Pearl/Black #7200/purchased with 72K miles *** 101K as of 7/2012
1992 Subaru SVX LSL Ebony Pearl/purchased with 88K miles *** SOLD***

Last edited by My92SVX; 12-20-2013 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Needed some additional info added.