View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Ice's fully-baked turbo build

[QUOTE=icingdeath88;715069](Posted in the "What have you done to your SVX today?" thread, but also wanted to cross-post it here for posterity.)

Quote:
Stayed up until [7]AM last night going through wiring diagrams, pinouts, and the actual wires of my spare engine and body harnesses getting the megasquirt wiring figured out. Pleased to say that I have it about 95% figured out. All that's left to figure out is:
1: whether the crank and cam sensors need any resistors to get a good enough signal to the megasquirt, and there's no real way to make sure of that without actual experimentation.
The signal from the sensors should be fine, they out-put a voltage that is common with most devices.

Quote:
and 2: how to wire up the IRIS solenoid, which I will probably leave until later because it's not needed to just get the car running. The stock ECU has a constant, switched +12V going to one pin on the solenoid, and grounds the other at the ECU to switch it on (closes the IRIS valve) above 2200 and below 4000 RPMs. The megasquirt has many spare outputs that I can use for this, but I am slightly confused about whether some of them provide ground or power (and if so, whether they are +12V or +5V), and a lot of them are PWM, which I'm not sure whether it would be appropriate to use to drive the solenoid. Probably need to post up on the MS forums for an answer to that one.
I would think that the switched out-puts are probably programable. Can be made to hold up to voltage or pulled to ground, or Tristate. It can pull it to ground, regardless if 12V or 5V, there is not a lot of current.

Quote:
I will start actually wiring it up tonight, and post my wiring diagrams and such very clearly and with plenty of explanation soon, once I have verified that it (at least mostly) makes real-world sense.

Very satisfied and proud of myself.
Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.