View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 04:06 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Phil, that is excellent, thank you.

I'm in no hurry for the TCU or the ECU. If you want to keep either or both for further research, be my guest.

If you do post them back to me I would be delighted to try out the TCU straight away.

My good news is in relation to Jersey Girl, she is now registered for Ireland, and I am giving her some gentle use. So I can try out the TCU on her, that will be a good test.

There are a few issues to sort with the car, some serious, most are trivial. Most serious for the moment would be the rear brakes. Rear left is dragging and gets heated in a short drive. The day I drove the car for registration the brakes "disappeared" through overheating, I had to pump the pedal to avoid the back of a bus! I'm going to replace the two rear disks, use Greenstuff pads and put on braided hoses all round. Naturally I will have to replace or repair the rear caliper; probably the piston seals are bad. As part of this renewal I will bleed down all the old fluid from the system and replace with Dot 4. I suspect what is currently in the system is there for years and has taken on water due to the deliquescent nature of brake fluid.

Other minor issues include:

Needs two front CV boots.

Needs tracking, front wheels are toed out.

Needs a radio installed plus CD changer.

Needs plugs changed.

Needs some small car park dings removed by dent removal guys.

Needs some touch-up paint in a few places; the front bumper has a couple of small marks on the corners, plus two stone chips on the bonnet.

The interior is practically perfect, I won't have to do much there, but I do intend to give the seats loads of leather conditioner. They tend to harden with age.

There are minor scratches on the moving door glass. I'm planning to remove and replace the grit impregnated glass guides to stop this from worsening.

A labour of love

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl