View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 01:39 AM
Phil & Belha

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertrunner View Post
Great work Phil we can finally change the program ourselfs.
Tony
What more do you guys need in order to start doing some tuning?

This is the process as I see it:

1. Build a select monitor adapter. But don't follow my old howto. The best way is to buy a usb to ttl cable and add the "92 problem" upgrade board. I'm sure Nomake will explain how to do it once he gets his working again.

2. Download your ecu rom through the select monitor adapter - or skip steps 1 and 2 and just take a ROM from the collection on my website.

3. Build an ecu memory board. I have enough parts to make two more, once I've fully tested the first one. I'll put those two up for sale when I figure out how much they cost me. They are VERY easy to make. Just order the printed circuit board from expresspcb and the parts from Calum and spend half hour soldering.

4. Buy an eprom programmer.

5. Load the ecu rom file into RomRaider (formerly enginuity) and mess with the afr ratio map, base timing map, advance map and rev limiter. I probably need to go back and do some more work on the enginuity definition file I created.

6. Program your modified rom, put it into the memory board and test it out on your car. Go back to step 5 and repeat until happy.

7. Post your modified rom file on the net for others to try.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II