View Single Post
Old 02-11-2002, 07:26 PM
EverclearAtMSU

Re: The fate of my GL...

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
...is yet to be decided, but I'm getting close. I found a little tire place less than a mile from my house (well, I've seen it many, many times over the past year) that has a sign:

'Junk cars wanted.'

Long story short, the guy tells me that he can't give me any money for the GL, but will 'help me out if I ever need a favor in return.'

Fair 'nuf. I left it at that. Later that evening, when I told my wife about it, I said, 'so I want to see what brands of tires he deals in - maybe I can get a new set for the SVX.'

No response yet. Good.

'You know, because I don't drive the car that much any more - and not in snow - so it doesn't make any sense for me to have mud and snow rated tires on it.'*

Still reading her catalog. Cool. I might get away with it.

'Besides,' I started mumbling, 'we'regoingtoIndianapolisandmytiresareonlyratedto1 30mph.'

That got her attention. Briefly. I got sort of a disapproving glance, but no crazed 'ARE YOU NUTS?' or anything like that.

* Dig the logic. Go ahead and dig it. 'It just doesn't make SENSE to have those tires on that car, honey.' I need help.
tell her the new tires will make it more pretty or call them your vday present

I think it's because you live in MI, i was doing 120 on the way back from brighton didn't even realize it till the radar came up. Keep in mind, the MI average of cops per mile of road in mi is 1 : 500. one cop every 500 miles. not bad. too bad they are all in freakin East Lansing!!!! 1 cop every 5 blocks on a friday night