View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 11:02 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Re: Bottom of the radiator leak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlightningsvx View Post
How is your bottom hose?
Bottom hose appears dirty but fine. Along the bottom of the radiator, it definitely looks like there is coolant collecting there. I can't tell from where though. It doesn't look like it's coming from the top, from the middle, or from a certain side. I just know it collects enough to make a small puddle under my car every time I park and it stops leaking after the pressure is out of the system (or at least it doesn't leak enough to drip).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide View Post
the radiator can also leak from the two locator pins in the bottom tank if the pins have been cracked where they meet the tank.

-Bill
The leaking started within the past week or so. The radiator appears to be fairly new. So, I'm not real sure.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi