View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: What boost can you run on a stock EG33 motor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2daniel1981 View Post
There will usually be a point where the engine cannot flow as much as the F/I mechanism puts out without extensive modifications to the head and exhaust systems, that was never the issue. Yes it is good to have the peak boost be higher in the RPM range, but if your F/I mechanism is flowing more then the engine can handle, maybe a change in size is in order to make the most use out of the boost at hand. But there will always be a point where no matter how much you do to an engine, you can use too large of a F/I mechanism. This is where A/R ratios come into effect, but you know that already. Plus the question was how much a stock EG33 can handle, not about where peak boost is made.
Thats the point of boosting an engine. To make peak torque and HP in all the right places. What I have done thus far effectively has pushed the limit of the stock engine in all the right places and none in the wrong. I can use the 9psi throughout the entire rev range safely. So it still stands that the engine can safely handle 9psi w/o an intercooler and maybe a little more w/ one. This is something I should be toying with soon. But that still does not solve the flow issue. Up until about 6krpm you can run up to 9psi hot. That is a fact that I have been able to uncover thus far.

Tom