View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 11:31 PM
I kill more trannies then god

Re: Radar/Laser Detector w/scrambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal LS-L View Post
Its enough evidence for them to suspect you, pull you over for some menial violation like 1 mph over the limit, and demand you hand over the jammer. Believe me, blank screens RARELY happen in normal circumstances for any microwave band or laser, so they know somethings up. And an officer CAN estimate your speed from ANYWHERE in line of sight.... they dont have to pace you (learned that the hard way, 80 in a 50 zone). Even if they dont convict you on the speed violation, they will fine you for illegal equipment and confiscate it. Dont think they will search you? If you dont give them consent, you wait for the K9 unit, hope youre not in a hurry..... and if theres ever been a trace of pot, meth, coke, etc in your car from you or a previous owner, and the dog alerts, they rip your car apart to find what they think is there. I have friends in the NHP and sheriffs dept, and hear about this stuff. I love to drive fast also, but id save it for the track or drag strip.... or make a trip to the salt flats and peg your speedometer.
police are not always right, that simple. speed limits are bull ****, and have very little effect on safty when you are out of a neighborhood. if i had the funding i would have a scanner and jammer in my car right now. i do drive safe, but i am more then capable of decideing a safe speed in my car while going in a straight line on the freeway, its just one more way for the govrenment to pad their wallets for the most part. i am not advocating speeding. i don't speed in school zone, near parks, or through neighboor hoods, but i feel that back roads, and freeways are fair game.

Last edited by jeffast; 02-23-2009 at 11:36 PM.