View Single Post
Old 07-18-2002, 10:35 AM
bjones

Just wanted to say hi

I was on this board a while ago (a couple of minor posts, nothing earth shattering) but we changed service providers and my existence disappeared. However, I'm back now.

I don't have an SVX at this time. I have planned to buy one for a couple of years now but money for my son's university education, then a garage (plus tools etc etc), then a serious medical problem (now cleared up - I hope permanently) got in the way. Hopefully this fall.

I have corresponded with a number of members in the past (Chuck, Eric, Dayle - do you remember me?) and I've kept abreast of what has been happening with the SVX. The most exciting part to me are the 5-speed conversions - Huck, Alex, Brian Steele: congratulations, you've done a terrific job. This will be the most urgent mod. Ultimately I'd like to install an intercooled twin screw supercharger to bring power up to about 360 HP; to my mind my Eagle Talon was a perfect blend of performance and driveability at the same power/weight ratio (it's over 400 HP now and I leave it to my son to do the driving). I would also like to redo the interior; additional leather (or imitation leather - it's cheaper ), dash kit, etc.