View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 12:43 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: Cometic Head Gaskets @ Good Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post
The new design Cometic head gaskets for the SVX are now .066" in thickness. They are now composed of 5 layers and Cometic did this to provide better sealing capabilities.

I tried many of the suppliers who offered lower prices. They did not have them in stock and said it would be 4-6 weeks before they got them from Cometic anyway.

Cometic makes them to order and it takes 3 business days to make them up and ship them.

The old design has been discontinued and the new ones are 137.74 each. The P/N is C4340-066

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post
Here is the vendor I had found, offering them for less than $70.00 each

http://www.speedagency.com/cometic/c...5/i-58152.aspx

One of their disclaimers is that they are not responsible for incorrect pricing on their website or typographical errors. They have the right to cancel any order with the incorrect price or to honor it with the correct price.

See the bottom of the webpage. "Errors in typographical content, pricing and photography are subject to correction and may change without notice"

Ok I emailed Nick about the serial number of the cometics and this was his answer:

"Hi Dan-
Here is the listing in the COMETIC 2009 price sheet:

C4340-066 SUB SVX EJ33 MOTOR 98MM .066" MLS HEAD 1992-97

Their list price is $137.74. I can offer the same gasket to you for $113.97.

Thank You,

Nick Arias 3rd"

So again guys, whoever wants these gaskets, Nick is offering them at a great price.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.

Last edited by SilverSpear; 09-23-2009 at 12:51 AM.