View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Stebro questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
May be Tom would like to answer this first bit,but I thought it was more a case of cams and ignition advance.

Mike you are obviously reading the wrong magazines. You must have learned at school that "pressure acts in all directions equally". The sound wave meeting a junction of three pipes, will divide equally, to enter each pipe, with the same, one third of the orignal pressure.

When you dyno your 'race engine' with 264* exhaust cams, we will all see what you mean.

Harvey.
Yes Harvey, the collectors I used were not the ones I would have like to use. I did buy them for roughly $75 a piece. The collectors I really would have liked to have were slip on formed collectors that cost roughly $275 a pop. Now considering the cost, which avenue would you have chosen?

Now along the lines of 1/4 times, I always take my times with a grain of salt. A .1 or .2 increase or decreasein ET w/ 2-3mph differences in trap speeds are more than likely driver error. But .5sec in ET and 6-7mph in trap speeds is not a mistake.

Tom