View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapaBavarian
Hmmmm, would it sell in this country? It seems that with the big 3 offering seeming perpetual quasi employee pricing you could get a downsize pickup for the same price but it sure would be nice to dream about I'm thinking of a mid/late 90's outback non turbo for economy
Price it right, market it as a hip recreational hauler (and as an economical Home Depot runner to empty-nesters like me), offer options like bike/kayak racks, brush guard, skid plates and such, and yeah, I think it would sell. Price it like the Baja, run one ad per year in Ladies Home Journal and it wouldn't last long. (See B-9 Tribeca.)

You're right about buying some cheapo pickup; I looked at prices in yesterday'a paper and you can buy new tin-can trucks all day long for $15k. But I want a Subaru, and I don't need a truck. When you own a truck, people ask you to help them move.

I've decided I can't afford an new vehicle anyway, so nevermind.

Somebody mentioned getting an El Camino. Nah...no Bowties allowed in my driveway. One of those early Ford Falcon/Ranchero things with a straight-6 would be cool.

dcb