View Single Post
Old 01-07-2003, 07:37 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Sighting & Resistor Replacement +

1) Early this morn. I left the house in my 92 Pearly. It was still dark out. I drove about 2 miles to Lab Corp. for blood tests.

When I pulled into their parking lot there was a light dusting of snow over the ice. My headlights picked up a red SVX with DE plates parked outside thier bld'g. Boy, was I surprised. I parked next to it and left a Network card on it.

2) Last Sat. I replaced the resistor that controls Duty Solenoid A.
The best part was I finally figured out how to work on the car in an unheated garage. I have a couple of those old little black cubical ceramic 1500W heaters. I connected one in the laundry room and opened the door to the garage. Then I put one in the garage. It made the garage nice & toasty.
The good part is that the new resistor cured the problem.

3) Last Fri. I was at Rafferty Subaru to check on the price of an O2 sensor. On a 97 SVX, there are 3 O2 sensors. The rear one is the one OBD II said was shot on my 97. It is on the cat. converter. This coming weekend, I will heat-up the garage remove the the rear O2 sensor & clean the tip. I going to use the waterless grease cutting hand cleaner to clean the tip. I hope it works. Rafferty wants $139 for this sensor.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!