View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Need Answers Fast!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHollowX13 View Post
i need to know what kind of authority a co signer on a vehicle has. can they take the car from the primary owner (person paying the debt and the one that bought the car)? do they have any say into what happens to the vehicle in respect to where it goes, when, anything like that?

can a co signer legally do ANYTHING, other than pay the debt if the primary fails to?

thanks for any help everyone!

I would be willing to BET that the only thing a co-signer has going is that IF you don't make the payments, they can take the car. (since they are obligated to Guarentee 'recourse' so the lender doesn't have to hunt you down and break your knees if you default on the loan)

IF you have made the payments for 6 months to a year and have had NO late payments, you have ESTABLISHED credit and may be able to re-finance the note without a co-signer. Check with the lender.
Once the contract is paid off, the co-signer is off the hook and has NO say!

Most co-signers will 'flex their muscles' and brow beat you as long as that condition exists. It is to your advantage to get it over with as soon as possible!
They don't want you to quit your job and move in with a girlfriend in another state, as long as THEY have their neck on the chopping block!

Does this HELP????

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry