Thread: MAF dead spot?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 12:06 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Re: ECU/TCU relearn periods

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantchick View Post
Sorry, this is probably another daft newbie question. Not even sure how to phrase it, so hopefully this will make sense. How much would the TCU/ECU relearn time affect any fix tried? e.g. It did take a bit of time after my trans brake band was adjusted for shifts to settle down.

Mine has been to a few shops lately and the battery in and out like a yo-yo and I don't know if she's had enough time in between any of them to do a complete relearn. It isn't that I think its the sole issue for me or anyone else, but I am wondering if it could have implications.

So how long does it really take? Is it possible that a fix that doesn't seem to have worked, really could be the right one, if enough relearn time is given? How could you tell the difference? Is there a difference if parts are replaced vs. a simple service? I'm confused. Again!?!
(The quote below is from the online CD - page and doc link)

http://serial.cc/
According to Subaru, the relearn time for any OBDI Subaru Legacy is 10 minutes or until the car warms up. As per the 1990-1994 Subaru Legacy relearn procedure:

Put car in park.
Turn on car.
Leave on for 10 minutes or until warm (leave car in park and don't turn on the A/C or anything).
Turn car off.

I figured that a similar relearn procedure would work for any OBDI SVX 1992-1995. I don't know if that's the case though. I've tried it with my own car and I can't really tell.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi

Last edited by Manarius; 10-02-2008 at 12:37 PM.