View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 11:40 PM

Re: Road Trip & BBQ. Auckland -> Rotorua

Thanks everyone for coming along. Shame I couldn't bring my SVX, but glad my Vortex got an outing.

Interesting story, I was driving in bare feet and noticed a drip land on my left foot while driving. I reached down and wiped some onto my finger. It had the unmistakable texture & smell of engine oil.

I was completely baffled as to the cause but I now realised that the stain on my floor mat was an oil stain accumulating over a long period of time.

I had topped up the engine oil on Friday night and so checked it again, the level was ok was at least the engine hadn't dumped it's contents onto Carl's lawn.

The oil pressure gauge was reading low (and has always read low). It reads normal when the engine is cold and drops to a low point once the engine warms up.

I still didn't have a clue until my brother in law pointed out the there was probably a rubber hose carrying oil up to the oil pressure gauge and that hose was probably leaking. I feel much better now.

Thanks for a great day out. I was glad that Adam could make it, he hadn't been able to commit to coming along until a 10:30pm on Friday night when he called to find out directions and confirm he could make it.