View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 06:11 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryIII View Post
Maybe I'm not seeing the EXIGA correctly. To me it looks like a stretched Toyota Matrix/Pontiac Vibe in Subaru clothing.

Currently our 2007 Outback XT wagon gets 19-22 mpg. It has the turbo 2.5L engine and 5-speed auto tranny. The milage is disappointing.
Our old '97 Outback wagon got 22-28 mpg with a NA 2.5L engine and 4-speed auto. I know that I've gained weight since we got the old wagon but not enough to account for the mpg difference.

Why does Subaru always show there proposed cars in some irridescent orange color (BAJA) and then they do not have an orange color for the production models, even as an extra cost option.?
Larry

The Toyota Matrix/Voltz thing you mention is described as a Sporty Hatchback, and is based on the Corolla platform, very much a smaller vehicle.

This Exiga is described as a Wagon, and seems to be to be a variant of the Legacy Estate, probably based on your Outback platform.

Having had a look at the concept car photos in the 40th Tokyo show, I want one!!

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/subar...oncept/456707/

If they put the turbodiesel engine in that thing, it will sell by the shipload over here. I would prefer the turbopetrol, but I'll take either.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl