View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 07:20 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Help me plan my exhaust repair/upgrade please?

OK, so for a small update:

Slight modification to the plan. Resonator is getting tacked in 2-3" back from the cat. from there it will run back and split off of a Y pipe, where it will come back and bend 45 degrees opposite each other (on each side of the Y) and the 12" cherry bombs will be tacked in about 3-4" from where the stock tips come out. An adapter will be fabbed for 2.5" to 1.75" to fit the stock tips. Transverse/crossflow muffler will be removed and scrapped.

Pre cats will be gutted. Eventually the down pipes will be replaced with 2", with the pre cats being replaced either with an AR20 resonator, or 2 new high flow pre cats (undecided yet, and have to do some research on it first, due to emissions requirements here). AFAIK, it is possible to do the pre cats with AR20s here (at least as far as the one shop owner told me), so that may be the plan (Thanks Tom and svxcess ).

Parts list and price is TBD once I get it welded up. Will include measurements and bends (and if I can get a cad file from the bender I will post it too ) for anyone else who would like to duplicate. Planning for later in the week to have it done, depending on which shop I go with. Best estimate for labor so far has been $225 with "a good possibility of being less than that." Estimating 8ft of 2.5" aluminized exhaust tubing overall being invested in this project.

I have to check with one more guy tomorrow on price, he wants to have a look at the car. Personally I'd rather go to him, given his resume (check out http://www.mercenary-mechanic.com/Site/Experience.html, thats the guy) but we shall see. My normal "cheap" guy got rid of his bender :wtf:

Last edited by DiabloScoobyru; 04-02-2012 at 07:30 PM.