Thread: Facebook
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 08:24 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Facebook

Its real easy to past the 10,000 mark when building one of these engines and its still NA. and your right there are a lot that buy one first then find out the cost of getting them running and keeping them running. Your ether a good mechanic or have deep pockets to own one but that goes for most street rod also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunslade View Post
Wow, deleted your posts. My perception is that the Facebook Group was primarily set up by Jamie Price to enhance his on-line business. Since his domestic melodrama, there seems to be little effort there and he posts nothing except renderings from some video game. Josh Bettencourt seems to be a pretty good guy and is knowledgeable. He helped me work through concept issues on the rear brake upgrade, by private message, rather than through the SVXNation group. There appear to be a couple of other knowledgeable folks, but I'm not sure what is really knowledge and what is bluster. A lot of talk of 3-D printing and custom stand-alone EMS. Don't really know what is real and what isn't. A lot of totally unrealistic aspirations for engine upgrades. Most of those guys don't realize that there is only a limited advantage that can be gained with bolt-ons. NA engine horsepower is expensive, much more expensive per marginal horse than forced induction horsepower.