View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gest24
The mag is def. tuned more towards the new Subie crowd. Hence the reason I'm totally behind Tom to show the crowd what we've done over the years. They've only been around a couple years and is a fairly new publication, if you look on their webpage or mayspace they give you the process for getting a feature done. Pretty much they accept free-lance work. Had you done a write up and pictorial of the Reading meet I'm sure they would've used it. Thats what Tom is trying to do, bypass having them do it for us and just submit it to them to do the photo layout and publish it.

I was talking to a guy at a local shop who told me he knew people that submitted their cars for the "Readers Ride" and would see it 6 months later. I submitted my stuff a week before Tom came to do the swap and 6 weeks later its in print. They have an interest in stuff other than the Impreza line. Its up to us to give them other stuff to publish.
They had no myspace and their webpage sucked at the time. If they wanted my business then maybe they should have sent an email back saying we'd love a story about it but can't afford to send somone. They didn't and that is Mike Davis style business to me.

Yeah, you're right they CARE about old stuff. That's why they spent money on a 79 what 1.8 years ago now and haven't said a word about it since. How about their old school Legacy GT? Too busy playing with who's got more power and yet another freaking Impreza.

Oh and if we submit stuff they'll print it? Hmmm.. They didn't print the SVX meet that I gave them all the details about 6 months in advance. At the time they even had a calender of events either on their site or in the waste of trees.

Last edited by benebob; 08-29-2006 at 07:58 PM.